Sr. SW Engineer - Data Path
|Department:||Software - RTP|
|Description:|| Senior Software Engineer II with a strong embedded design background in the Networking/Telecom industry to design new products, support existing products and to be an influential member of the Overture Networks Software Engineering team. Strong written, interpersonal and team collaboration skills are required.|
|Duties:|| The successful candidate will be a member of the Core Development Team and be responsible for architecture/design documentation, coding, and testing. The primary area of responsibility will be in the Protocols & Data Plane and duties will include the development of high performance solutions on a variety of network processors and micro processors.|
- Embedded, real-time software design including high-availability systems.
- C and/or C++ development experience.
- Low level forwarding software and NPU microcode a plus.
- Networking interfaces, including Ethernet, T1, DS3 and SONET/SDH
- Ethernet protocols, including Y.1731/802.1ag, 802.3ah, G.8032v2, LACP, LLDP, STP, etc.
- Experience with Linux and/or other real-time embedded OSes.
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Willingness to contribute ideas, work on patents, mentor others, and work closely with Hardware Engineering, System Test and Operations.
- BS or MS degree in CpE, EE or CS required
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.