Sr. Java Engineer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Overture's Ensemble OSATM is the industry's first open architecture for software-defined services at the metro edge.
Ensemble Open Service Architecture optimizes service creation, activation, and assurance by bringing the benefits of the cloud to the metro edge. With this new open architecture that embraces the principles of software defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV), service providers are able to maximize operational efficiencies and introduce new revenue-generating services faster and easier than ever before.
As a member of the Open Service Architecture software engineering team, you will design and develop software defined networking, network function virtualization, and cloud-computing technologies for use in large scale telecom carrier-class environments. You will be an integral member of a fast paced, Agile development team working with leading edge cloud technologies and telecommunications equipment.
This role principally involves server-side Java architecture and development. The role will also involve developing a competency of Overture network devices and the programmatic manipulation of these devices. General networking, database, system administration, and cloud administration competencies are also preferred.
- BS degree in CS or EE (MS preferred).
- Java, Spring, Hibernate, and Tomcat development experience.
- Strong object oriented programming and distributed programming skills
- Experience developing large-scale, multi-tenant applications
- Familiarity with enterprise integration patterns
- MySQL and/or Oracle database experience
- Development proficiency on Linux
- Experience with networking concepts and network management protocols
- Experience with network management/element management systems
- Experience with cloud computing technologies
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Experience tracking and reconciling product requirements with the product owner/product mgmt function
- High energy contributor with excellent team skills and an ability to work effectively with geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.