DevOps Release Engineer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Overture's Ensemble OSATM is the industry's first open architecture for software-defined services at the metro edge.
Ensemble Open Service Architecture optimizes service creation, activation, and assurance by bringing the benefits of the cloud to the metro edge. With this new open architecture that embraces the principles of software defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV), service providers are able to maximize operational efficiencies and introduce new revenue-generating services faster and easier than ever before.
As a member of the Open Service Architecture software engineering team, you will design and develop software defined networking, network function virtualization, and cloud-computing technologies for use in large scale telecom carrier-class environments. You will be an integral member of a fast paced, Agile development team working with leading edge cloud technologies and telecommunications equipment.
This role encompasses both development operations and release engineering functions. Maximally automating the development environment to facilitate rapid release cycles and owning consistent and reproducible product packaging will be the priorities.
- Experience with installer technologies and other product packaging technologies (RPM, etc)
- Experience with Java/Linux automated build, continuous integration, and deployment technologies
- Experience with SCM technologies (Git preferred)
- Experience with Ant, Maven, Python
- Proficiency with Linux scripting and administration
- Proficiency with general database administration
- Proficiency with Tomcat administration
- Experience with networking concepts and network management protocols
- Experience with network management/element management systems
- Experience with cloud computing technologies
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Experience tracking and reconciling product requirements with the product owner/product mgmt function
- High energy contributor with excellent team skills and an ability to work effectively with geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.