Sr SW Platform Engineer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Software - RTP|
Overture is looking for a Senior Software Engineer II with strong embedded and /or middleware design skills in the Networking and/or Telecom industries to design new products, support existing products and to be an influential member of the Overture Networks Software Engineering team. The successful candidate will contribute to the products base platform functions which include infrastructure for IPC, database and configuration distribution, logging, high-availability, simulation of HW, BSPs, drivers, as well as development of applications under Linux. Additionally the successful candidate will posses BASH scripting skills as well as experience with unit testing tools.
The successful candidate will be a member of the platform core SW team and be responsible for architecture/design documentation, coding, and testing according to Overture Networks core products development process. The individual will be responsible for accurate estimate of effort, reporting status, and deliverables on committed dates. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for unit, integration, and feature testing of developed software.
- Embedded real-time SW development, high-availability preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux OS
- C/C++ development experience.
- Middleware application development.
- SQL (SQLite preferred)
- Build environment development, make, etc.
- Management of ASICs, FPGAs, etc.
- Unit testing (GTEST).
- Basic BASH scripting skills.
- Source code controls, preferably SVN.
- A BS degree in EE, CS or CPE.
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Willingness to contribute ideas, work on patents, mentor others, and work closely with Hardware Engineering, System Test and Operations.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.